The Cannonball Scholars program goal is to provide a socioeconomically diverse cohort of academically successful high school students demonstrating potential in leadership and athletics with preparation for graduation from our world’s finest higher education institutions. Cannonball Scholars receive financial assistance based on merit and financial need to combat the rising costs of essential academic, personal, college and athletic counseling. Candidates for the Cannonball Scholars need an academic record demonstrating the potential for success and a passion for becoming the scholar, athlete and leader they can be.
Registration has begun for The Cannonball Foundation’s 2015 Cannonball Scholars Open Winter Workouts!
The first workout will be on Saturday, January 3rd. Workouts will continue on the 1st and 3rd Saturday from January – March from 2:30 – 4:30 pm at The Farm located at 108 Clematis Avenue, Waltham, MA.
Each workout provides an opportunity to develop baseball skills and receive academic and personal supports from The Cannonball Foundation staff. Several sessions will include presentations from The Cannonball Foundation’s faculty comprised of college and professional coaches and academic leaders. Players should dress in proper indoor baseball attire for all training sessions and a collared shirt for college seminars.
In April, The Cannonball Foundation will announce the ’15 Cannonball Scholars.
Who are our Scholars?
- The Cannonball Scholars comprise a group of socioeconomically diverse high school students modeling the Cannonball Way through their commitment to scholarship, leadership and sportsmanship.
What do our Scholars Receive?
- College guidance from experienced counselors.
- Leadership training through the Cannonball Foundation Leadership Program.
- Mentoring from a member of the Cannonball Network through college graduation.
- Athletic instruction from members of the Cannonball Network.
- Citizenship-education through community service and seminars.